Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mommy's Cast


Yes, its true. My two week old baby hurt my arm so bad, that I had to get a cast. She was so big right off the bat, so my hands weren't used to picking up that much weight all the time. Anyway, I hurt some tendon in my wrist which apparently needed a cast. Dr. Huish (an orthopedic doc) casted it for me then gave me a paper that proved to everyone I had a real problem. My thumb kept popping out of the socket everytime I would pick her up. Dr. Huish said that if the problem doesn't get fixed then people have been known to have surgert to correct the problem. Funny huh! Well, 2 weeks after my cast was put on, Findlay so graciously spit up (that was an under statement). It was more like emptied her tummy after a big meal all down the inside of my cast, and all over the bed, in the middle of the night. So I woke Nate up, he took Fin, and I cleaned up the bed and soaked my cast off. I think she did me a favor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K so this is hilarious and so something that would happen to KEL! I love it! Glad your little one was one your side. I'm sure her little bum was falling asleep when you would hold her with that hard cast! She didn't like it!

chan... said...

Kelly ~ When I read this on your blog it was really funny because when my daughter was 3 months old I had the same thing happen to me!
I had the same doctor, same cast color....funny! I think that Dr. Huish just likes to see mothers in casts....JK!
It's extremely hard to do anything with a cast & a new baby!! Good Luck