Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Discovery at the Gateway




Today was so much fun!! I met up with my friend Cheri and her two kids Bode and Ellie, at the Discovery at the Gateway Mall. That place is so much fun! I had Findlay (13 mos), Elsie (8 weeks) and Libby (21 months)with me. My friend Rachel just moved into a new house, so I took Libby so she could get her house set up without having to worry about her. I ended up with Finny and Libby in the double stroller and Elsie in the Bjorn. It was so funny to see the looks people were giving me. I have to say, it was so much fun having all 3 of them there. I got them to and from the car to Discovery without any help too! We met up with Cheri inside and just let the kids run. Last night I purchased a leash for Findlay from Wal-Mart. It was the best $10 I ever spent! It's this cute little monkey that I strap on her back. I let Libby roam as long as I could see her, and was able to keep Findlay close cause of the leash. Most of the time they played right next to each other. We climbed to the balls and threw them around. Then the girls headed for the water area where they can play with balls and splash around. Findlay kept a stuffed dog with her most of the time. She found them when we played house there. The girls went grocery shopping and climbed in a tree house. We stayed and played for about 2 hours. Findlay was crying when it was time to leave. She just wanted to play there all day. Bode and Ellie were into the water and loved to climb on the toy animals. I love that place!! Elsie just slept the whole time. The funniest part of the whole thing was when Bode grabbed Findlay's leash from Me and started pulling her around. Cheri and I were laughing so hard. Lucky for us, I caught that one on video. Hope you enjoy the pics!! It was fun having 3 kids there, and really funny watching the reaction from everyone seeing how far apart they thought my 3 kids were :)

3 comments:

Payne Family said...

Wow Kelly, when you post, you REALLY post!! It looks like you have done some fun activities in the past couple of weeks!! I love the "leash" idea--next time I have Findlay and Sienna by myself in a mall, I'll have to remember that!! Fin is the BEST big sister, and Elsie's smile is so cute!! Thanks for posting!!

Kendal and Alissa said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. You'll have to tell me more of the details. I'm sure I will be looking for things to do this summer.

Anonymous said...

oh my heck Kel that is way funny! I want to come play! I'm sure it is fun to have mommy and kids play times! Miss you!