Thursday, April 7, 2011

Missing Her Daddy


Nate left for the Bahamas to start his medical school journey. He is gone for 4 months, then will come back to get the rest of us and we'll all move to Dominica. He has been gone 4 days and already his girls are missing him like crazy!! I finally was able to get the girls down to bed after what seemed like an extra long day. Our plans at the library failed due to a combined story time that was not for toddlers. So I packed a lunch for all of us and played at McDonald's play land due to the weather...Don't worry McDonald's I will buy something next time we come! Anyway, I got the kids into the bath, then dressed and it was time for bed. We brushed teeth, said prayers and lights out. Then it was my time, which was so needed. Nate skyped me at just that instant, another much needed thing. We started talking, and then all I heard was "DADDY, DADDY, DADDY, DADDY!!!" Nate ended up hearing about Fat Cat climbing up a tree, going to the library, jumping, the color of their blankets, and watching them touch their noses. Finally he was able to read them a story, say prayers, and tuck them in bed. They each blew their daddy a kiss and he blew them a big on right back.

Then it was Nate and Kelly time. We talked a for a little while, then I saw little eyes peering into my bedroom. It was Elsie. She came running up to my bed and climbed in. She looked so tired. Nate asked her if she was tired and all she did was nod. She was so tired, but she didn't want to go to her bed. He asked her if she wanted to stay and talked to dad and again she nodded. Elsie just curled up on my lap and would stare at the computer. The sound of Nate's voice and seeing his picture was all she wanted. It about made Nate and I cry. It was the cutest thing! Little Elsie just misses her Daddy! Here is a picture of that moment. This poor babe was so tired but was not about to go to bed while her Daddy was on the "puter". :)

1 comment:

Spencer and Amy said...

Wow, that brought tears to my eyes! Lame I know, but I feel for you and the girls! Let me know when we can get the girls together to play! They would sure love it!