Monday, April 25, 2011

Party, Party, Party!

Party 1 - The Buckalews

Can I just say how much I LOVE my old neighborhood!?! If you ever want to buy a house, live in Woods Cross! I miss my friends! Well, those friends invited us back for a little Easter egg hunt. It was so fun! Probably around 100 eggs were hidden outside for about 8 kids to have a tons of fun finding. It was pretty cute. Then it was good food and games. My little girls ate their candy until I put it well above reach. The other kids ate a few pieces then went and played. My girls noticed they left and Mom took their candy so they started to finish their little friends treats off. Soon those went above reach and it was off to play. That worked until Elsie discovered the swedish fish bowl on the game table. She shoved an entire handful in her mouth, then a second. One of the Dad pointed her out to me, and Els new her time was short, so she grabbed a 3rd handful and tried to shove that in her mouth. This all happened in about 20 seconds. You should have seen her mouthful of fish! Too funny! Thank you Buckalews!! We had so much fun!





Party 2 - Payne Family

This party was lots of fun, and bittersweet at the same time. This is Nate's side of the family and we just miss our Daddy! Luckily Nate was able to skype ... the bittersweet part. It made it so he was apart of Easter, but we all got a little bit homesick for Daddy and Daddy was homesick for his girls!! The fun started with an easter egg hunt. Findlay found purple eggs and Elsie found yellow ones. They just loved it, and Daddy chased them around on the computer watching them the entire time. Next was dying eggs. By the time we were done, Findlay had purple hands and Elsie was covered in yellow. Luckily google suggested to was your hands in vinegar, then soap. That made is so by the end of the day their hands were stain free :) Clancey enjoyed being held by Grammy and Papa. Grammy got her to laugh harder than I have ever seen. Lots of smiles and giggles!! And finally a Payne family party would not be complete without games. Grammy did an egg race for adults, it was pretty funny to watch. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I didn't participate because it was a team effort and my other half was gone...I figured someone needed to take these glorious pictures and I firmly believe I had more fun watching them kill/swat their eggs. By the end of the 3 lap race a portion of the yoke was all that was left. Its always a fun adventure with the Paynes.













Party 3 - The Extended Cook Family

This party is always a fun one. Grandpa started out with a great story, he always has the best teaching stories (see my Easter Post). Then it was off to their back yard where everyone young, and young at heart (everyone else except my parents, aunts and uncles and me), searched for the Egg with their name on it. Grandma said she figured I had my hands full with the 3 girls so they didn't want to put me through an egg hunt. Thank you!! Although I do love to find the egg, my girls didn't want to watch me hunt for my Easter egg :) Findlay and Elsie's eggs were hidden in front of a bush. The eggs had princess cell phones (a total hit), princess lip gloss (another hit), and a chocolate bunny. Can you tell my girls like anything "Princess?" Go Disney! After some delicious food, it was play time. There was not a shortage of little bodies running around outside and jumping on the tramp. Grandma says the best part of a Cook party is that everyone whether they are there or not, wants to be there. That is the total truth! Everyone loves to be together. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! What an example they are to all of us on how to raise a family!






1 comment:

Payne Family said...

I'm so glad you came to the Easter party and that we were able to Skype with Nate--modern technology is amazing!

Those girls will be on a sugar high ALL week!!